If you are a computer geek then let me tell you Keyboard shortcuts can boost your productivity. Here we have decided to show you the most useful keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft’s system that you can try today.
Top 50 Keyboard Shortcuts Everyone Should Know
We always prefer to do things in the simple and easy way. Be it in life or anywhere else, shortcuts are what we are looking for. If you are a computer geek then let me tell you Keyboard shortcuts can boost your productivity.
If your job relies heavily on using Windows computer, then Keyboard shortcuts will not just get the work done quickly, but also improves the efficiency.
Fast and useful keystrokes can save countless hours of your day-to-day work by making things much more comfortable. Here we have decided to show you the most useful keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft’s system that you can try today:
Here are the keyboard shortcuts:
1. F1 – Help
2. F2 – Rename
3 .F3 – Search for a file inside My Computer
4 .F4 – Opens the address bar inside My Computer
5 .F5 – Refresh the active window/web page
6 .ALT+F4 – Closes the active window, files, folders
7 .ALT + ENTER – Displays the properties of the selected files
8 .ALT + LEFT ARROW – BACK
9 .ALT + RIGHT ARROW – FORWARD
10. ALT + TAB – Switch between the open apps
11. CTRL + D – Sends the item to recycle bin
12. CTRL + RIGHT ARROW – Moves the cursor to the beginning of the next word
13. CTRL + LEFT ARROW – Moves the cursor to the beginning of the previous word
14. CTRL + ARROW + SPACEBAR – Let you select individual items in any folder.
15. SHIFT + ARROW – Select more than one item in a window or on a desktop.
16. WIN + E – Open File Explorer from anywhere
17.WIN + L – Locks your PC
18. WIN + M – Minimizes all opened windows
19. WIN + T – Lets you switch apps on the taskbar
20. WIN + PAUSE – Immediately displays your system properties.
21. WIN + SHIFT + M – Opens minimized windows on the desktop.
22. WIN + Number 1-9 – Opens the running windows of the app pinned to the taskbar.
23. WIN + ALT + Number 1-9 – Opens the jump list for the app pinned to the taskbar.
24. WIN + UP Arrow – Maximize the window
25. WIN + Down Arrow – Minimize the Desktop window
26. WIN + Left Arrow – Maximize the app to the left side of the display
27. WIN + Right Arrow – Maximize the app to the right side of the display
28. WIN + Home – Minimizes all desktop window expect the active window.
29. SHIFT + LEFT – Selects one character of text to the left side.
30. SHIFT + RIGHT -Selects one character of text to the right side.
31. SHIFT + UP – Selects one line each time the arrow is pressed
32. SHIFT + Down – Selects one line towards the down each time the arrow is pressed.
33. CTRL + LEFT – Moves the mouse cursor to the beginning of the word
34. CTRL + RIGHT – Moves the mouse cursor to the end of the word
35. WIN + C – Opens the Charm Bar on the right portion of your computer screen.
36. CTRL + H – Opens browsing history in the web browser.
37. CTRL + J – Opens download tabs in web browser.
38. CTRL + D – Adds the open page to your bookmark list.
39. CTRL + SHIFT + DEL – Opens the window where you can clear your web browsing history.
40. CTRL + [+] – Zoom in the web page
41. CTRL + [-] – Zoom out the web page
42. CTRL + A – This is a shortcut used for selecting all files at once.
43. Ctrl + C/Ctrl + Insert – Copy any item to the clipboard.
44. Ctrl + X – Remove the selected files and move it to the clipboard.
45. Ctrl + Home – Move your cursor to the beginning of the page
46. Ctrl + End – Move your cursor to the end of the page
47. Esc – Cancel the opened task
48. Shift + Delete – Delete the file permanently
49. Ctrl + Tab – Move through the opened tabs
50. Ctrl + R – Refresh the current web page